Solidarity Against AAPI Hate (SAAH) was established to change the perception of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPI) and shift the conversation from toxic stereotypes towards respect and understanding for our diverse community.
We Strive to:
- Bring into visibility the contributions AAPIs have made in America
- Highlight the rise of anti-Asian hate incidents in the past year
- Highlight discrimination and under-representation over the decades
- Encourage the AAPI community to speak up and be heard
- Encourage all Americans to speak up when they hear microaggressions. Call out misinformation or jokes that are racist. Address harmful behavior with friends, family, or co-workers.
- Invite everyone to join in the conversation to learn from each other; share our unique yet common stories on discrimination, injustice, struggles, poverty, and/or violence.
- Build mutual respect and solidarity among all Americans.